The 2014 FBI Youth Academy will be on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Youth Academy Program (YAP) was created in 2001 to educate high school (rising Juniors) & college students about the mission, goals and inner workings of the FBI. In this program, the FBI details the policies, procedures, initiatives and techniques that guide its investigations. Students learn about major investigations and participate in a variety of “hands-on” exercises that illustrate the duties and responsibilities of the FBI. If interested, please contact Ms. Denise M. Taiste, Public Affairs Specialist at 803.551.4352 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates for the Youth Academy Program (YAP) must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least a junior in high school or above.
- Must obtain permission from parent/guardian, if needed. .
- Must submit a completed application.
- Must be willing to travel to the FBI’s office.
- Must agree to attend the entire day’s session.
For those interested in attending, please have them fill out the attached application and send to me by close of business Monday, June 16, 2014. Click here for application.