The Lady Viking track & field team competed at the Walt Disney World Open this past weekend in Orlando, Fl. This was a great weekend of competition and these are a few highlights:
- Christian Hithe placed 7th in triple jump with a 33-06 and second in the high jump with a jump of 5'2".
- Lanesa Mahon placed 2nd in both the 100m dash and 200m dash with a run of 25.17.
- Kennay Agnew won the 400m dash with a personal record of 56.21 and placed 3rd in the 100m dash.
- Courtney Pratt placed 6th in the high hurdles and ran her personal record.
- The 4x800m relay team placed 2nd (Tori Agostini, Katherine Castillo, Martina Novotny, and Claudia Cannon).
- Sherel Bello-Hernandez ran her personal record in the 2 mile run.
- Breanna Murrin 5th in the 2 mile with a 12:02 (one second away from her personal record).
- Our sprint medley relay placed 3rd, the 4x100 relay placed 4th, and the 4x200 relay placed 2nd.
We were seated 2nd for the majority of the competition but slipped to 3rd during the last event. We didn't participate in all the events and had a strong hold on 2nd place up to the last event. The girls represented the school well and the coaching staff would like to thank everyone for their support.
The Spring Valley boys varsity lacrosse team honored injured Chapin lacrosse player Jack Enright at their game against White Knoll on Saturday. With donations collected at the game and sponsorship contributions, the game produced $530 to benefit Jack. Thanks to Coach Loser and Coach Hunter for supporting the team’s desire to help Jack!
Boys Track & Field
Saturday, March 21st, the boys track team ran against 30 teams from Georgia and won the Parkview Invitational. We only had one event winner (Tyjuan Fulton in the 100m) so it was a great team effort. This Wednesday the boys compete against Dutch Fork here at the Valley for the Region Championship.