- work with the school to develop and implement a five-year school improvement plan
- monitor and evaluate success in reaching the plan's goals and objectives.
- write an annual report to parents about the progress of the plan.
- assist the principal in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
- advise on the use of school incentive awards and provide assistance as requested by the principal.
School Improvement Council
We cordially invite you to participate as a member of the School Improvement Council. The School Improvement Council serves as an advisory committee to our principal and faculty. Unlike PTOs and other voluntary school organizations, councils are mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina. SICs play a key role in the education of our children, bringing together parents, educators and community stakeholders to work collectively to improve Spring Valley High School.
Key Functions of School Improvement Councils are to:
If you are interested in being a part of the School Improvement Council, please join us at our next SIC meeting on October 15th in the school’s Media Center. We are excited about the upcoming school year and hope you will join us at Spring Valley High School!