- Hannah Staudt winning pole vault with a clear of 10ft.
- The 4x800m relay (Kailyn Taylor, Tori Agostini, Claudia Cannon, and Shauntel Smullen) won their race.
- Kennay Agnew won both the 100m and 200m dash.
- Claudia Cannon won the 1 mile race with Martina Novotny in close 2nd. Inez Nicholson and Tori Agostini are continuing to be a contender for this race as well.
- Miya Freeman ran a personal record in the 400m race.
- Raven Fleming won the shot put event.
- Claudia Cannon, Breanna Murrin, and Danielle Murrin took 1st. 2nd, and 3rd in the 2 mile run.
- Dominique Hill won the high jump event.
- Teana Gibbs is doing an excellent job overall winning the long and and placing 2nd in triple jump last night. Her teammate, Essence McKnight and Miya Freeman were close behind.
Viking Sports Wrap
SV Boys Tennis defeated RNE 6-0
SV Boys Lacrosse defeated Ridge View 11-7 @ Ridge View
SV Softball lost to Dutch Fork - 11, SV - 3
Boys Track & Field defeated Irmo 92-49, & White Knoll 101-40
Girls Track & Field defeated Irmo 96-49 & White Knoll 112-29
(Read Below for Details)
The boys tennis team routed the Richland Northeast Cavaliers 6-0 dropping only 1 game in the match. Winning for Spring Valley at singles were Blake McGuirt, Vikranth Reddy, Noah Guyton, Arif Siddiqi, and Hayden Long. Winning at #2 doubles were Tyler Froelich and Josh Stombler. The Vikings play highly competitive Irmo at home . Please come out and support the boys!
The boys lacrosse team played their 7th game in 13 days in an away game . The win takes the Viking boys lacrosse team to an 8-3 record. Leading the offense for the Vikings were Matthew Hogue (4 goals, 1 assist), Noah Diamond (1 goal, 4 assists), Paul Currey (2 goals, 2 assists), DeShan Wilson (2 goals), Eli Burch (1 goal, 1 assist) and Gerard Smith (1 goal). Defensively, the unit only had 5 turnovers and caused 16 Ridge View turnovers. Tre Hollis was 9 for 14 on faceoff attempts, while goalies Connor Sears and Caleb Conner combined for 4 saves. The Vikings also tied a season low 2 penalties.
Next up is Senior Night, , March 31st, against Chapin at .
The softball team traveled to Dutch Fork last night, but wasn't able to come up with a victory. Briana Hill hit her 1st home run in the top of the 7th to start a rally, but the silver foxes were able to take back the momentum. The loss puts our overall record to 5-6. We travel to RNE today, Friday, March 28th, for a region match up.
Boys Track & Field
night the Boys Track & Field Team beat Irmo 92-49 and beat White Knoll 101-40 to extend their record to 8-0. Winning events for the Vikings were:
Frank Ward - triple jump
Jordan Bruner - high jump
Jalon Williams - shot and discus
Jack Timmerman - 1600 and 3200
Girls Track & Field
The Lady Viking Track & Field team competed at Irmo night against Irmo High and White Knoll. We had 96 points and Irmo 49, and White Knoll had 29 points to our 112. This brings our overall season record to 8-0 and our region record to 2-0.
Some highlights of last night include: