Graduation is an exciting and important time in the lives of our students and their families. For the first time we will be holding graduation at the Colonial Life Arena. We hope the following tips will help you get the most out of this special time.
- There are no tickets required this year for guests to attend graduation.
- Guests should plan to park one hour prior to graduation and arrive at the arena 30 minutes before the ceremony.
The following will not be permitted inside the Colonial Life Arena:
- Noise-making devices. Security staff will enforce this provision.
- Large bags. All individuals entering the building are subject to search.
- Flower bouquets and other floral arrangements
With the use of the Colonial Life Arena this year, the University of South Carolina has made several changes to the parking areas. Several of the lots that have been open in past years will no longer be available for use due to the construction and new facilities. Please study these guidelines and included map to ensure that you are familiar with the rules and parking for this special day.
With this issue in mind we ask that you allow yourself ample time to park and make your way to the arena. We recommend arriving at the designated parking areas one hour prior to the scheduled time of graduation. The arena doors will open 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of graduation and this would allow 30 minutes for travel from your parking area to the arena.
- USC is providing free parking for guests at the Pendleton Street and Blossom Street Garages with shuttle service to the Coliseum.
- Graduates are asked to park in the Horizon Garage on Main Street. A separate shuttle will be provided to take graduates to the arena.
- Handicap parking will be in the lot on Gadsden Street between Greene Street and Devine Street directly across from the arena. Guests using this lot should enter from the Devine Street side.
- Other parking areas include city owned pay garages and first come, first served general parking areas. These areas will not have shuttle service to the arena.