The American Association of Blacks in Energy is a professional organization of African Americans in the energy industry. Through its Scholarship Program, AABE seeks to help increase the number of African Americans, Hispanics and Native Americans (underrepresented minorities) in energy related fields. By doing so, we help our nation address a critical need and a challenge to our future economic vitality in the world market.
Candidates for an AABE scholarship must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have an overall “B” academic average and a “B” average (3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale).
- Be a graduating high school senior who has applied to one or more accredited colleges/universities.
- Be a resident of the state of South Carolina.
- Plan to major in business, one of the physical sciences, technology, and engineering or mathematics fields in preparation for a career in the energy sector.
- Be a member of one of a class or group of individuals who has been historically underrepresented in the sciences, technology, engineering and math related disciplines.
- Find the application in Naviance or stop by the CIC with any questions! Good luck!!