ORIENTATION PASSPORT AND SCHEDULE
Student orientation/registration will be held on Wednesday, August 3 and Thursday, August 4. Students will register by grade level and last name. Please make sure that you arrive during your designated time.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3rd SCHEDULE:
Last name begins with A - I August 3 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Last name begins with J - Q August 3 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Last Name begins with R – Z August 3 11:00 – 12:00 p.m.
Last name begins with A - I August 3 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Last name begins with J - Q August 3 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Last Name begins with R – Z August 3 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 4th SCHEDULE:
Last name begins with A - I August 4 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Last name begins with J - Q August 4 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Last Name begins with R – Z August 4 11:00 – 12:00 a.m.
Last name begins with A –E August 4 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Last name begins with F - K August 4 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Last name begins with L - F August 4 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Last name begins with Q - Z August 4 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Please get into the correct line based on the student’s last name.
Last name begins with:
Line #1 Line #2 Line #3 Line#4
A‐B C-D E-G H-I
J-K L-M N-O P-Q
R S T-V W-Z
Your School Counselor will determine if a change can be made to your schedule. If you wish to speak with a counselor today, please go to the Counseling Department. You will need to sign in with the receptionist to see a counselor.
When you get your schedule, you will also receive a fee sheet. If you wish to pay those today, you may go to the Fees station. Pay attention to the signs so you do not get into the wrong line! There are (5) lines. You may choose any line. (Look for the shortest line)
PLEASE NOTE: Parents may also pay student fees through Parent Portal! If you wish to pay your fees online, computers are available, and located in room E103 near the front lobby. A member of or orientation staff will be there to assist you. You may also use this self-serve option to avoid standing in line.
***Fees may be paid prior to orientation/registration
Lockers are $5, and may be paid when you pay your school fees. You will be able to get your locker and locker combination today.
(Location: Auxiliary Gym)
If you are a freshmen, sophomore or junior, please go the Auxiliary Gym to have your yearbook picture taken. Make checks payable to Lifetouch.
(Location: Media Center)
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors will receive their ID’s during orientation. Upperclassmen
WILL NOT be allowed to have another picture taken during this time.
ALL freshmen will have their ID picture taken during orientation. Freshmen ID’s will be distributed on Tuesday, August 16th during “FreshStart.”
NOTE: Freshmen WILL NOT receive their ID during orientation.
A current SV parking tag must be purchased and the tag must be hung under the rear view mirror or displayed on the driver’s side of the dash with the number facing the front. SV parking tags can be purchased for $25. All debts must be paid before a parking tag will be issued or a space is assigned. Please read the parking agreement and complete the attached registration form.
Note: All student drivers must have taken Alive @25 before they can receive a parking decal.
Any senior that will need a parking decal will be required to sign up through our lottery process. Students will be randomly selected for parking in the Atrium Lot, as well as the Tennis Court Lot. Forms will be sent to your school email, and may also be accessed through the school’s website.
***NO parking decals will be given out at orientation for students that will be included in the lottery.
All students who enter the lottery will be emailed the day and time to pick up their decal.
NOTE: Any senior that would prefer to park in the Upper Lot WILL NOT need to register through the lottery, and may get their parking decal during orientation.
Spring Valley Education Foundation
School Club Information
Lunch Forms/Information - https://www.schoollunchapp.com/Terms.aspx?apply=1
Bus Transportation Information
School Counseling Department
Proof of Residency
***Frequently asked questions***
Will my student receive their textbooks during orientation?
No. Textbooks will be distributed during the 1st week of school.
Will my student be able to receive their chromebook?
Chromebooks will not be given out during orientation. Students will receive their device within the first three weeks of school..
If I have more than one student to register, may I register them at one time?
Yes. If you have more than one student, you may register them at the same time.
What fees can be paid online?
You can pay your student general fees, course fees, athletic participation fees, parking fees and locker fees.
If I don’t have a Parent Portal account, where do I go to set it up?
Go to parents.richland2.org and click on “Create Account.”
You will need an email address and the date of birth and Student ID number (listed on your child’s schedule) for each of your children.
Can I pay my students fees online prior to coming to orientation?
Yes. If you would like to avoid the lines, simply print a copy of your online receipt and bring it with you to orientation. You will need to show your receipt if your student will be getting
a locker or parking decal.
Spring Valley High School Parking Agreement
I agree to abide by the following traffic and parking regulations:
- Parking is restricted to a vehicle(s) that are registered to you or your parent / guardian. You may not allow a parking tag to be used by anyone else. Temporary exceptions to this regulation are to be cleared in advance with Ashley Mouton in C-148 or an administrator.
- A current SV parking tag must be purchased and the tag must be hung under the rear view mirror or displayed on the driver’s side of the dash with the number facing the front. SV parking tags can be purchased for $25. All debts must be paid before a parking tag will be issued or a space is assigned.
- A lost or stolen tag must be reported and a new tag must be purchased. New tags can be purchased for $10.
- Students must supply a valid driver’s license, and proof of the completion of the Alive @25 course before a SV parking tag will be issued. We will allow an exception to the Alive @ 25 course to students who have transferred from out of the district and who have not had a chance to complete the course. These students will be issued a temporary parking permit as soon as they show proof that they have signed up for The Alive @ 25 class, and they will have two weeks to complete the course. You can register for the Ailve @ 25 course at email@example.com or call 732-6778.
- There is a limited number of senior reserved parking spaces in the Atrium and Tennis lots and they will be assigned randomly before the start of school. Only those senior students who have met all of the requirements for parking will be issued a reserved space and they will enter at Gate 1 at the traffic light. Seniors who were not assigned a reserved space and all underclassmen will be assigned to parking in the Upper Lot and will enter at Gate 3. Parking in the Upper Lot is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Students are not allowed to enter or exit campus at the back gate (Gate 4), the Gym lot (Gate 2) or park in the other reserved parking areas on campus. Students may exit and turn left or right at the upper lot at Gate 3 or may make a “right turn only” at the gate next to the Fire Station.
- If someone is parked in your reserved space, park your car at the curb heading out of the Atrium lot and report the offense to the Atrium desk so security can address the offender.
- Sound Systems are to be turned off while the vehicle is on campus.
- No loitering in vehicles or parking lots. Park, lock and move to the building area.
- Seniors or 2nd semester juniors with off campus privileges leaving campus at lunch must be wearing a valid ID. Temporary ID’s do not qualify.
- Parking privileges may be suspended or lost for reasons including but not limited to the following:
Speeding or reckless driving. The speed limit on campus is 10 mph or less.
Transporting students who do not have off campus privileges during the day.
Multiple parking offenses.
Allowing someone else to use your assigned parking tag.
Failure to report any damage to another vehicle. (“Hit & Run”). Contact the School Resource Officer (SRO) immediately if an accident has occurred.
Seniors may lose their reserved parking privileges for all of the above and the following;
Committing an offense that results in an “Out of School” suspension.
Note: No parking fees will be refunded. Spring Valley HS will not be responsible for any theft of the vehicle or it’s contents or any damage to the vehicle or it’s contents while on campus.
- Disciplinary action will be taken for smoking in vehicles, loitering in and around vehicles and parking lots, loud or offensive music, and violation of any school rules.
By reading the form, I certify that I have read and agree to the rules above. I understand that my failure to comply with all rules pertaining to traffic and parking at Spring Valley High School may result in disciplinary action, loss of parking privileges, booting of the vehicle and/or towing. In such cases the parking fee will not be refunded.
( Student ID # ) (Grade)
Signature: ______________________________________ Date: ________________
SC Driver’s License: _____________________ Verified: ________________
Completion of Alive @ 25: Date___________________ Verified: ________________
Fees/Debts Paid: ____________________ Permit Fee Paid: _________
Vehicle Information (List all vehicles that may be driven).
List primary vehicle first.
Tag: _______________________ Year: ________________ Make: ____________
Model: ____________________ Color: _______________
Tag: ______________________ Year: ________________ Make: ____________
Model: ____________________ Color: _______________