- What do you think are your best qualities?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- What are you looking for in a mate?
- Why do you think most relationships between terms fail?
- How do you see yourself evolving?
- If I was to pursue a relationship with you, what would I have to look forward to?
Political Geography Speed Dating
In AP Human Geography, Mrs. Sansonetti-Wood's classes put on a Political Geography Speed Dating event. During this event, students arrived dressed as Political Geography terms like Nationalism, Decolonization, Supranationalism, Gerrymander, microstate and others. The students conducted two minute interviews with other vocabulary terms (students) as if they were looking for their vocabulary mate. Asking questions such as:
Students were able to make real world connections to the vocabulary unit vocabulary terms.
The students enjoyed the lesson stating positives such as "It wasn't just making a presentation in front of the class." "We were able to interact and ask questions." "I liked being creative." "The questions forced us to make connections between the vocabulary terms we might not have made simply studying them."